Wednesday, July 6, 2011

I am doing the right thing by going to school.

I learned this yesterday while sitting in on my first actual course towards my Human Services degree. I haven't been excited about any materials at all in school so far, so it felt amazing to be on the edge of my seat, listening to the instructor go over everything we're going to cover this quarter. I guess thats why last quarter felt like such a drag, because my computer class was boring and the math one was easy, but then frustrating later on.

My math class is moving right along, and so far so good I guess. I thought the teacher assigned us a ton of homework yesterday to be due today, but it turns out they were just practice problems, and we didn't actually have to turn them in. I was stressing myself out for no damn reason at all yesterday!

Today feels a lot better than yesterday, because I only had the one class, and I'm also not working. I filled in at work for a girl last night who's birthday it was (21, holla), and I was just exhausted after I got home. Then I had to do my "homework", and I just couldn't handle it. The neighbors baby was wailing, and their dog was whining (because it doesn't like to be put out on the patio, but they put it out there all the time anyways), then the baby stopped,  and someones smoke alarm went off, which set off the baby again, and ugh it was a nightmare. I totally had a break down and started crying. I was exhausted.

It feels good to have goals and things to work towards. I was in survival mode and depressed for a very long time, so I couldn't focus on anything asides from what was immediately in front of me. Now, I actually have some goals I'd like to achieve, and I'm working towards having a happy life. Yay me!

Learning to say "things are ok, things are going to be ok" was very hard for me, because for the longest time, every time I thought "things couldn't possibly get any worse", they would. Its ok to be happy. It doesn't mean that something terrible is right around the corner. I mean, it could be, but thats life. You have to learn to choose happiness, and take everything else as it comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment