Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Today has been a little frustrating.


This Summer Quarter I am taking Pre-Algebra, and it is kicking my ass already. It is seriously that horrible already. To the point where I've developed Tension Headaches again because I'm so stressed out all the time about it.

 I haven't had a bout of Tension Headaches for a loong time. Basically I've had it since yesterday afternoon, and its just been unrelenting. Today its just been horrible. If you've ever had chronic headaches, you know that you can't just take some ibuprofen, and it goes away. I've found Magnesium works well for me, but only after I have a day or two's worth in my system. Meaning: I don't get any immediate relief from the pain. And actually, its not even really pain, its just a constant gnawing annoyance.

Actually, there is one thing that DOES work for immediate relief, but you can't just walk into the Dr's office or pharmacy and get narcotics. Vicodin usually does the trick to just knock it right out. Well, I guess SOME people can manipulate Dr's into giving them prescriptions, but as someone who's started training to treat drug addicts, its probably not a good idea to participate in drug seeking activities! Although, I am legitimately suffering. I'm actually cursing myself for tossing out the Percocet I was given for my Appendectomy last year. I just got rid of it a month or two ago. Dammit!

I'm gonna go to bed here in about an hour, so hopefully sleep will give me a little relief, and then I can take a full dose of Magnesium tomorrow, and hopefully be feeling better by Thursday! Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment