Tuesday, June 7, 2011

...and now for something completely different.

Ok, felt the need to balance that negative one with a more light post! I couldn't include anything else with that one, I just had to get all the resentment and frustration out in one pop.


A few weeks ago I started a great diet program by a company called Herbalife. Its a little pricey, but I've really been feeling great on it. A lot more ability to "push" during practice, and just in general a bit more energy. I've lost 5 pounds so far!

I decided that my summer "project" is to start running. I never thought I would want to be a runner. I hate running, actually.Buuut... it seems like it would be a fun way to be active, get out of the house, and get some good cardio.

Now that I have the energy, I really want to push hard and get super in shape, and make next season be the most kick ass derby season ever! It will be my 5th year skating, and I'm not gonna be able to skate forever, so I really want to give it all I've got. In the next few years I'd really like to settle down and have a family, and when I have kids, I'm just gonna be done. I'll want to focus 100% on them when they're little, and doing derby just wouldn't fit in. Wow, writing those last two sentences made me really sad. But, its true. Huh...

Anyways, yes that is how I think I'd like to spend my summer. I'm trying out for the All Star team again on the 30th(only expecting to make the Draft Pool again, but I'm ok with that), so its not like I'll get a break from practice anyways, in our "off season" (hah! what a joke derby "off seasons" are).

No comments:

Post a Comment