Wednesday, June 8, 2011

This site confuses me. I have followers but I don't know how to follow them. Halp?

Rabbit, if you're reading this (and I know you are, because you told me tonight that you have been), start a blog! The internets need Rabbit randomness! Alien Egg should not just be kept alive by Snob and I!

Anyways, its been a weird day. Took the final, then ran around job hunting all afternoon. Got a few promising leads. I went into this one place and the guy was really interested and said he'd call me for an interview tomorrow, but its a place that mostly does Men's cuts, so I think if he calls I'll say "thanks but no thanks". He kinda seemed weird, anyway. This other place the guy was really nice and invited me to bring in a model next week and assist him with a wedding party on the 21st, but I think that may be a little more work than I'm willing to do at the moment. I'd be starting over from scratch at a place that doesn't get many new clients, and that would be difficult. Not like I could be making any less money than I am right now, anyways.


I added a few more classes to my Fall quarter schedule, so now I'm taking Psych 100, English Composition 101(tested in at college level. Hell yeah), and Computer User 105, which is beginning Microsoft Word & Excel, as well as intro to Microsoft Office Suite. I'm thinking it really can't hurt to get some computer training. I don't have much experience with Windows since I've been using a Mac for the past 5 years, and if I'm going to get any kind of well paying job outside of the salon world, I'll need to know it. I've been cruising Craigslist (no, not like that) just to see what other types of jobs are out there, and every office manager position requires knowing MS Office. I also need to get my typing skills up there. I don't know how many "WPM" I can type. I guess that can be my other summer project, along with running.


I really don't want to give up on hair, but its really hard to be motivated once you've been burned. Once bitten, twice shy. Once you've seen the dark side of the industry, you can't un-see it. I would be happy if I could work in a space where I can do what I want and take care of my clients with  no BS. I think the only way I could stay in the industry and be 100% happy is to be doing my own thing in my own space. Maybe thats a goal I can work towards once I get a better job and can be making good money again. Keep doing hair on the side in the meantime. Always on the side.


I keep forgetting that I agreed to pick up a shift tomorrow morning. I haven't opened since I went down to part time in March! Don't forget! Don't forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment