Tuesday, June 28, 2011

This is the last week of "Summer break" already. I can't believe it! Haha. I get another one August 15-September 19, so its not so bad ;) This week is actually crazy I'm thinking about trying to get out of my last fill in shift at the other shop on Wednesday so I can actually have time to relax! Basically my week is like this:

Today (Monday): Work 1-8 (I was booked all day)
Tuesday: 9am staff meeting, 12pm updo test run w/my lovely Thea, 7pm team meeting
Wednesday: Work (maybe, 9-4), Going away party for a teammate (she's deploying)
Thursday:Go to School to buy books & get parking pass, get a pedicure (ok, I know thats not a necessity, but I'm dying to get 2 years worth of derby callouses scraped off my feet. Thats how long its been since I've had a proper pedicure. Since I'm taking a week and a half off of skating, I want to have pretty feet for just a minute!), league meeting 7pm
Friday: Work 1-8
Saturday:Work 10-6
Sunday: OFF! Hooray! Have fun with Darrell!
Monday:Theas wedding (!!!) & Independence Day
Tuesday: School (first day) all day (8:50-2), then work 4-8 (fill in shift for co-worker whos turning 21), then out to celebrate with said co-worker and her sister :)


So yeah, as you can see, the next two weeks are pretty packed. Its all fun stuff, for the most part, so I'm not too stressed.

The season is OVER, and I'm SO happy, and ready to have a mini break. No practice this week for me at all, and then I'm missing next Tuesday because as I mentioned above, I'm covering my co-worker Nicoles shift so she can party because she's finally 21!

I ordered some outdoor wheels and I got them today, and can't wait to start doing some outdoor skating to have some fun and get a little endurance on the side! My team went trail skating last week for practice, and it felt so good to be outside, hauling ass on my skates :) I haven't felt that free doing anything in a really long time.

I'm not excited about having to be at work for some dumb staff meeting, early, on my day off, but I AM excited to see Thea (haven't seen her in over a year), and to meet her little sister. I really enjoy getting to do hair and have a small hand in the special day of people I care about. Even just my clients who's weddings I've been involved with makes me so happy. Weddings are just happy. Yay weddings!

I think I might need to go shopping for a laptop soon, because I have a feeling there is a lot of paper writing in my future, after this quarter.

No comments:

Post a Comment